Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup

Along with my fellow Americans, I possess slight interest (read none) in soccer (football?). And yet, somehow, the urge to get one over the British in a sport more favored in their land then ours, unites me with my other Americans who have a half-assed interest in the sport sparked by the fact we have a game against England. Well, Vince. My soccer partner in crime. :) Hehehehehehehehehe.

So, despite the fact that we couldn't...quite...recall the name of the star guy on our team...Findley?...or name a single other player on our team, we both cheered our way through the first Korea game (we won!) and valiantly threw darts till 3:30 rolled around, proceeded to make our way to a chicken place, where we ordered a plate of fried chicken and a pitcher of beer and tensely sat as the game took off (so to speak, rather a slow sport as a matter of fact.)

And we did it! Well, it was a draw. But you know what, that's as good as a victory. We took it like that. Vince and I. So did the national media back home. Some asshole "ajoshi" sat in the back jeering America, despite what South Korea owes to the US.

It was near 7 in the morning, but we weren't quite ready to go home, so we got a couple of beers at the Family Mart and walked to Vince's apartment where his girlfriend was sleeping (early work morning) to get some more beers. I tried to say hi, she's a friend of mine, too, but I think she was too conked to notice.

We walked down to the beach and chatted for about an hour, until Bill called. We stayed out another half hour, and I came back just as Bill was in the shower getting ready for work.

And then I passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment