Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Kid

Showed up to work today and found a new girl in my kindergarten Earth class (advanced, 7 years). Her English is quite fluid, better, I think, than the other kids. The only problem is she can't read...and the reading materials are not easy in that class. I have a feeling she's going to need extra help.

Two days later...

Well. Earth class is utterly miserable to be around. Alex (a quite brilliant child, but a pain in the ass) has turned into a little baby, wrapping himself around me, wanting me to hold his hand all the time, sobbing. The girls fight with Henna (yes, her name actually is Henna) over whiteboard erasers. Bianca, my coworker, is fed up with them as well. I don't know what I'm expected to do with her really. Make math class "fun," meanwhile I'm still supposed to be teaching the other kids so their parents don't complain, and Henna can't write her numbers. I'm going to end up disappointing SOME parent. And of course that's my fault.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment