Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Party

Today was a birthday party. For the kindergarten. I hosted. Bianca dreaded it, so I volunteered (as I was to learn later, Bianca, my fellow teacher, despises public speaking). It was pretty easy, just joke around with the kids, "Are all those presents for ME????" and introduce each one, and ask them a couple of questions, and help the kids present the birthday kids with their presents. Takes forever, though.

Somehow, though, it was a letdown. They got the kids all excited...and then no games. What kind of birthday party doesn't have games? Of course, they let 'em run around like mad animals afterward, in the English Village, which is this big room with different building facades, hospital, police station, fast food joint, beauty parlor, grocery store. Which meant I got to deal with ten hyperactive, overindulged seven-year olds. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment