Monday, April 12, 2010

My latest addiction

I have recently, within the last five months, picked up playing darts as my new poison. Not as addictive as MMOs, but nonetheless, fairly addictive, though this may be mostly due to my personality. I seem to have something of a natural talent for it; while my rating is much lower than my boyfriend's (who is slightly below a lot of our mutual friends), I make 'em work for their wins, and pick up a few myself along the way. I kick patootie in closing out '01. And I have a particular fondness for triple 19s (and, oddly enough in one game, triple 10s). I am pretty decent in aiming and hitting 16s, 17, 19s, and 15s (15s being one of the weaker). I can't hit 18s and 20s at all, but I make up for that in triple 19s and 17s. In a game with several people, I'm easily ignorned and manage to scrape third or second..and I'm really not a bad player overall. I have times where I'm beating everyone else; though that rarely lasts through an entire game. And I'm a definite asset when we partner up.

Last night I got my first Three in a Bed (in 3s, but who cares?). And a seven mark round in Cricket (the highest of the game, I remember for sure, probably the highest of the night, unless I missed something). My rating went up from 2.5 to 2.6. My PPD lowered slightly, but my MPR went up from 1.26 to 1.31. Plus, Bill bought Vince's old case, since it was just what I was looking for. It was so sweet of him to think of me like that. I'd been wanting a case for a long time, but the only one they sold at the bar was too big. This one had been passed through a couple of owners, which I like, since it gave it some history. And it was JUST the right size.

Think I might try to play a few more nights during the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment